Friday 2 February 2024

Release day of A Matter of Time: Henry VIII, the Dying of the LIght

 


I am thrilled and relieved to see the third and final book in my Henrician Trilogy launched today. I have spent four years in Henry's company.

Those of you who write will know that characters encroach on your real life and with Henry, it was sometimes quite difficult to deal with. I had to keep taking breaks from the harrowing tale I was telling and to have him follow was disconcerting, to say the least. He is so much larger, louder and more dangerous than anyone else I've written about, and so much more real.

Written in the first person, Henry's narrative is not always as honest as it could be. He blames others, makes excuses and sometimes just refuses to co-operate. I persuaded him to open up in the end though. I found an angry man, a vindictive man and also a man who is terribly sorry for himself.

But then, he does have much to be sorry about; there is nothing harder to deal with than self-loathing.

A Matter of Time, Henry VIII, the Dying of the Light traces Henry's final years, his last three marriages, his wars, his disappointments, his pain, his failure, both as man and king. Written from his perspective, the story reads very differently to that of his wives. I haven't whitewashed him but I have given him the chance to speak.

Available on Kindle, and in Paperback

mybook.to/amoc

mybook.to/amofaith

mybook.to/amot




No comments:

Post a Comment